I had planned to sell my car in order to get the funds for school in september since there would be no need for him to stay parked for the year that I was away and it's a practical way to come up with the money without taking a student loan.
Unfortunately life sometimes has other plans than we do! School has been put on hold but my car, named kevertje (little beetle) was sold on saturday morning. I miss him already!!
Being practical is not fun, I have to say but if we want to get to Canada it means all our money must go into savings, not repairing M's car so the combined trade of his + mine gets him a new car with 2 year complete coverage with no regard to km's and that's what we need. His car, now 5yrs old has 250,000km on it so it will only need a lot of maintenance and maintenance costs euros... euros we would rather put towards immigration.
School becoming 2nd priority, I still REALLY want to go but If I want to make the september enrollment, I have to find student loans from somewhere.
All this stress of finances and what to do is taking its toll, M and I both woke up with sore throats this morning! UH OH!
Saturday, 9 February 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Oh bugger *grumble grumble* - if only we had a rich sugar daddys or something. Can you borrow from your folks or extended family? Of course you'd pay them back. You'll get there hon and the move does sound like the most important thing for you guys right now.
Aww, poor beetle! I do understand sacrifice though. Damn it.
sugar daddy would be the ultimate solution ;) ive been considering family, at least to cosign for a student loan as im not a resident of canada... if my mum doesnt want to do it, i understand her trepidation when it comes to finances, i will have to ask my dad! duh duh duuuuuuuuuum :-$
are you eligible for provincial/federal student loans? Or do you need to be living here for a period before you are re-eligible for that?
I have the same problem too, i have one more course requiring about $5000 to finish. I don't even know if i have that much cleared off on my credit card. Ugh, which is what will be paying for it. Grrrrrrrrr.
What course are you thinking of taking again?
hey Anj, no i don't qualify because 1-no permanent residence there --i thought of going to live with mum for a few months before but that won't happen and 2-M makes too much money for me to qualify for gov't loans, i already tried that :)
basically im just now trying to work something out from this end, it's possible i'll be doing the 3yr course through correspondence which should help with a lot of issues.
i'll be doing something in the holistic nutrition path... massage, preventative medicine, natural stress release, that kind of thing :)
Post a Comment